Sunday, January 11, 2009

A little painful…

is how I would have to explain today. The Eagles won today so that was a good thing, but we tried to make the move from IV pain meds to pill form. This did not work so well and it took all day to get things back on track. After some reading today it seems that around weeks 2 and 3 individuals with GBS are at their weakest. I am not sure if weakness and pain are related in this case but my hands and feet seem to be at their worst. When trying to explain how my feet felt Tricia shared something that she had read that pretty much nailed it. Each foot feels like a solid piece of concrete. And let me tell you what, that feeling is no fun. The pain in my hands crept all the way back to my elbows today, again, not a great feeling.

I realize each days is going to be different and bring new challenges and I think that is going to be the hardest thing to deal with. No matter who we are, or what we do, we never know what our day is going to bring, but I am finding this a bit more difficult these days. Not only do I not know what is going to happen in my day I don’t know if there is going to be something else that I can’t do today that I could do yesterday. I just keep reminding myself that God is in control. He will not give me more than I can handle, although there are times I wonder if he has the right person when he puts something new on my plate.

Just remember that God is great and that we can do all things through Him!

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) to you and your family. Praying for you all.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete