Friday, January 9, 2009

Current Status…

Well, I was hoping to have a lot more typed by now but as you can see I don’t. I am finding it rather difficult to type when I can’t feel my fingers and have limited control over them as well. My hands and feet seemed to be a bit stiffer and tighter today. My hands are so stiff that they are “stuck” in a half gripped position, it is very difficult to fully straighten my fingers, in fact there are a couple that don’t at this time. While things seemed to hurt more overall today I seemed to have better movement of my arms and legs than I have in the last couple days. The biggest news of the day is that I will be transferring to rehabilitation treatment center most likely tomorrow sometime. I will all depend on whether or not paperwork got done today and if there is a bed available at the other location. It is not really possible to know how long it will take to recover from all of this but some folks that I have spoke with are saying maybe 2 or 3 weeks of rehab, but it could also be a year or more. But based on how I am doing at the moment they are guessing up to a few weeks, and that is all time to retrain my muscles and nerves that have been damaged. It is going to be a long and painful road I have a feeling. But with the help of my family and the grace of God I will overcome it all. Well, my hands are done for the night, I must give them a rest now…goodnight!

1 comment: