Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not so down with the sickness

Well, those that know me well know that I do not like to throw up, vomit, puke, toss my cookies, spew chunks or any other variance one might come up with. In fact I will do almost anything possible not to do any of the aforementioned. Now as many of you know that about two weeks prior to December 26, 2008 I had a 24 hour bug, as did everyone else in my house, and that is what led to everything you can read about in this blog. So, now when I get sick I don’t take it lightly and really it kind of freaks me out a bit, especially since I am still recovering. So yesterday I was not feeling too good and at about 6:30 pm I settled in on the couch and that is where I stayed till about 9:00 pm with a very bad headache. It was one of those that felt like someone stabbing a railroad spike thru your temple and every now and again they would tap it or wiggle it a bit. Not something I consider fun. I also had a lovely feeling in my neck and that is because my second cervical floats and when it gets out of whack it can cause issues, painful issues. On top of these two things my body just did not feel right. It is a feeling that I can’t really explain, but after a long day I usually get this feeling around 9:00 pm, and yesterday it started around noon or so. So, once bed time rolled around I was not feeling good at all. I gently laid down, because every moment made that evil person that was wiggling that railroad spike in my head really force it into a tender spot of my brain. The entire night was no fun. I was sweating so bad that every time I woke up my forehead was soaked as well as my t-shirt and sweat pants. It reminded me of several very uncomfortable days in the hospital when I was sweating so bad that one night I had my sheets changed three times. I don’t think I have to say that those were not very good nights of sleep, well neither was last night. Then somewhere around 2:00 am I rolled over onto my side and that was a no-no. My stomach made a very strong recommendation that we head to the bathroom and get to know to toilet a little better. So, I got out of bed and with that evil railroad spike wiggler following right along with me I made a dash for the bathroom. Now, please remember that my muscles are still tender and squatting down is not comfortable at all. Bringing my heels to my backside hurts a lot and as far as I know that is the natural vomiting position. So as I hurried to get “in position” I was stuck not knowing what to do because it hurt but I also needed to be in “position” and ready to discharge. Well, I finally found a position that worked for everyone and I proceeded to get to know the toilet on a more personal level. Once I decided that we had become close enough and I would try to make it back to bed I did so very slowly, because although my stomach now felt better my head was still throbbing. I finally slid out of bed around 12:30 pm and over time my head began to feel a bit better and now I am doing okay. My stomach is not perfect, and neither is my head, but all is tolerable. Well, sorry this post was not filled with great reports of progress and notes of recovery, but hey it is what I call life and all I can do is put it in God’s hands and do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment