Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Power of Prayer

Well, I have wanted to write for the last couple days and just have not really had the time or energy. However, today something happen that has made me want to find the time to make an entry even if it doesn’t turn out to be a very long one. On Sunday the sermon at church was on prayer and believing that God hears what it is we have to say, even if He does not answer us right away, or even ever. That lead me to think about all the people that I have heard from that said they are praying for me and they told friends and family about me and that their churches, or study groups, were also praying for me. I don’t think I can even come close to realizing how big the group of people praying for me is, but today I received a package in the mail and it gave me a bit of an idea. I received a package from a good friend of my Grandmother’s and she belongs to a group called The Busy Workers. One of the things that The Busy Workers do is knits prayer shawls. You may be asking yourself, “What is a prayer shawl?” Well, each person in the group knits on the shawl and as they do so they say a prayer for the person who is going to receive it. I can’t begin to explain how the receiving of that package made me feel and after looking at my progress over the last week I can testify to the power of each one of those prayers. Actually, it did not take until this week to realize the true power of prayer; I realized it at the beginning of this whole process when people first started praying for me. I do realize that about 80% of people recover completely from GBS and I feel that I have a good change of being in that group, and not just because of the speed of which we caught the disease, but because of all the prayer warriors out there on my behalf. I surprised so many therapists in the hospital with my progress and since I have been out of the hospital I have not seen a therapist and this evening I started walking around the house with a cane. God is good! And all His people said… Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment